Re-designing a ‘client lifecycle management platform’ for a giant financial institution
What we did?
Re-design the age-old application to uplift the User Experience, upgrade the User Interface to current standards and enhance the application's Information Architecture.
What we did?
Understand the complexity, identify problem areas and propose concept solutions.
What we did?
Conduct User Research to unearth insights, understand pain points and evolving needs of the users.
What we did?
Collaborate with user groups through workshops to group insights, generate themes and prioritise features.
Truly a billion dollar problem
Understanding the complexity
Each event has to go through workflow phases like Planning and requirement definition, regulatory and governance, setting up guidelines, and final sign-off. Each phase has multiple tasks that need to be completed and approved before the event gets closed.
Time to set up some goals!
Goals set up were not limited to the experience but also in accordance with business goals.
- Should be intuitive, efficient, seamless, and less buggy
- Should lead to minimal support from the platform team, require no training
- The process should be automated through constant feedback
- Users working with the events should be able to oversee at a glance current, pending and upcoming events
A user research strategy was created which outlined business and learning objectives. The user research study was conducted with 23 users with a mix of pre-defined personas. Some personas included were Client account specialists, Client implementation management, and Client relationship management.
- Users were asked questions about the role and to perform their task and vocalize their thought process
- Expert Review was conducted to audit the product and process to figure out what was in place and what was not. Once the insights were generated.
- Synthesizing of data was done with a team of designers and researchers to find emerging themes and patterns.
Creating a new event is made easy and accessible.
Introduced tab based Navigation panel which shows new events in a new tab for easy and quick access.
*These are just representations of the original implementation
A workshop was conducted and facilitated by our design team to further synthesize, prioritize data gathered, and conduct ROI analysis with stakeholders.
- Multiple focus groups were created based on personas from multiple countries.
- Groups were asked to create a matrix based on the ROI they have analyzed to be able to prioritize features based on value, time, and effort
Based on the prioritization done, concept sketches were generated. Sketches enabled people to easily suggest, collaborate and understand the journey better. Stakeholders were also asked to nominate people from their team and test the interactive wireframes to gather feedback.
This workshop acted as a platform to iteratively test our initial ideas with sketches and also test the final wireframes. Testing was super iterative and Iterations were done for a few rounds to refine further until all stakeholders agreed upon.
Co-creation is the key to insightful and successfully building data-driven solutions
Outcome and Impact
Increase in events created
Decrease in Support calls
Increase in processing tasks
Decrease in time for client onboarding
Want to know more about how we solve complex billion-dollar problems?
More Case Studies
Complex multi-billion dollar problems made viable, usable, and efficient
Scaling up an analytical trading report creation system for subscribed members of a huge investment management firm
Customisable portfolio curation product for high net worth clients created for massive asset management companies
We are hiring!
We are writing!
We are talking!
We are a global Design and Research studio that creates delightful experiences.
Design happens here, remotely!
New York, USA
+1 646 818 0929
+91 81063 55111
What else is happening?
Podcast (Happening soon!)
Let’s make it
Copyright © 2021, Happening Design Studio, A division of Uiser LLC